Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Low Country Boil

Last week during the trip to Nauvoo we ate at Cracker Barrell. Tina and I ordered something called "low country boil." It was so delicious. I googled the recipe and made it for dinner tonight.
The recipe is simple. Boil water with crab boil seasoning and lots of salt in a large pot. Add potatoes and kiolbasa sausage. 10 minutes later add corn on the cob. Shortly before serving add shrimp. I also added carrots and celery. You can also add onion. Healthy and delicious. Mine tasted just as good as cracker barrell.

2 comments:

Cari said...

I had that a couple of weeks ago, too - and I loved it! I'll have to try the recipe!

Heather said...

I have never eaten this at cracker barrell but I have made the recipe at home before and it is super yummy. I added corn on the cob (cut into small sections) to mine and it was delicious! Thanks for reminding me of a great and simple recipe!