Sunday, February 6, 2011

What I did for 2 weeks in a hotel room


First of all, I must say that it is WONDERFUL to be home.
The first week in the room I read the Book of Mormon. It was wonderful to read the whole thing all at once. I am really thankful for that opportunity and it made me not even think about being stuck in a hotel room. My testimony of the Book of Mormon was strengthened and I learned so many new wonderful things.
We visited downtown Chicago on Saturday. That was fun.
Sunday we weren't able to attend church due to a miscommunication. We spent the day in our room and I read the Book of Mormon all day.
By Monday I was finished with the Book of Mormon and the days became a little boring. I NEVER watch daytime TV, but I watched plenty this week. I have decided I need to quit eating sugar-thanks to Oprah and Dr Oz.
Wednesday was the big snow.
Also during the week I read Frances Hodgson Burnett books. I really like her books. Every book I read, the theme seemed to be about making yourself a better person and the world around you a better place. I am surprised she wrote so many books and will be reading them for a while.
We finally got home late Friday night. What a blessing.
The snow in Chicago was amazing-I've never seen anything like it. The picture is of a pile of snow in a parking lot. It will take months to melt.

AND yes, I am finally on Facebook. I may be the last person to sign up, but I did.

No comments: