Saturday, February 20, 2010

Curling

Ok. I decided I should blog and I can't think of anything at all to blog about.
Annie says I should say that I have decided I would enjoy curling. I would love to try it. I think it actually looks like a fun game-not necessarily an olympic sport. It would be so fun to gently glide across the ice and try to hit the "bulls-eye." I am also pretty sure I will never actually get to try curling-where do you go to do it?
I don't even mind watching curling because the stone moves so slowly I can see where it is going and I can understand the strategy behind it. I never have any idea what is really going on in ice skating. Can you tell the difference between a triple lutz or a quadruple toe loop? The only thing I can tell is if they don't fall down. I can't even tell if it is a good landing. And where is the strategy in skiing. Just go as fast as you can. Apparently there is some strategy in waxing your skis but I can't see that.
And of course there is Olympic Hockey. I am pretty sure that the only sport more boring and less watchable than Hockey is the summer sport of water polo.
Also, there is some leeway with the uniforms in curling so you can actually make a fashion statement. What other sport lets you wear a modest skirt?
Maybe someday I too can be an Olympian-in the sport of curling.

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

For the record my favorite sport is hockey. ;) But, I am sure there is somewhere in Salt Lake you can go. They hosted the Olympics after all. Also, did you know that there is an LDS gold medalist this year?

Annemarie said...

I definitely agree about the hockey, I can't watch even one second. And I do understand your point about curling. But we do think exactly the same all the time so I guess that's not a surprise that I agree with you.

Grandma Bailey said...

The Australian Women's champion in snowboarding is LDS. Pretty Cool. Since we don't get all the extra channels we are stuck watching cross country and down hill skiing. I haven't seen very many events that have been offered on NBC that I would want to watch.