Thursday, January 12, 2012

Covered Books



A couple of months ago I heard about a plan for reading the Book of Mormon. Get a paperback Book of Mormon and read it twice. The first time, look for every reference to Christ and mark it in red. The second time, mark all of the doctrines and teachings of Christ in blue.
I loved the idea and wondered what I could do to motivate my family and me to do this. I decided to cover the books with fabric. I google "how to cover a book" and came up with a site to turn a paperback into a hardbound book. Some of you might remember I pinned it on pinterest.
I ended up doing about 12 books for family and friends. I covered books in brown suede cloth for the boys.
I gave them as New Years gifts to family, friends and the people I visit teach.

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I am reading this way, but didn't think of covering the books. I am using green right now instead of red because red seems so harsh. Anyway, it looks amazing.

Katherine said...

Those are beautiful! And it's such a great idea! I need to try it for myself.

Katherine said...

On a side note, I've been wondering when we can visit you. It's been way too long! Maybe we can figure out a time when we all aren't really busy. Love you!