Thursday, September 17, 2009

Maid Service

I have never had someone come clean my house before. It is not something I have ever wanted, but I was looking forward to having it done this week. The maid service was supposed to come on Monday at 4pm, but they cancelled and rescheduled for Tues at 9am. At 9:30 on Tues the manager of the service called and said the maid was lost. My house is not that hard to find, but I gave her directions-and waited. At 12 no one had showed up yet so I called the manager. She was surprised, but said she would call back in a few minutes. She called back and said the maid had been lost, but was close to my house so would be there soon. I waited. Around 1:30 someone called who didn't speak english. I asked if she spoke spanish and she said "yes, please." So I put Julianna on the phone. It was the maid, she was in Orem and she was lost. Julianna gave her directions. An hour later the maid called again. Julianna gave her directions again and I waited some more. At about 4 the manager of the maid service showed up with the maid in her car. The maid came in and spent 2 hours cleaning the new (clean) bathroom and the bedroom. At 6 the manager came back to pick the maid up and she said I still had 2 hours of cleaning, so I scheduled for 10am today. This morning I waited until 11am and then I just gave up and went to the MTC. I have spent many more hours waiting than it actually took me to clean the house myself today. So, I am NOT thankful for maid service.
I AM thankful for the MTC, 2 daughters who speak spanish, rainbows (again-there is one on the mountain in front of our house right now), paint and windows.

2 comments:

Cari said...

That is so ironic. And funny. It really is. I miss you!

Heidi Noel said...

At least you weren't paying for it.