Saturday, October 10, 2009

Elizabeth Smart

Sara and I went to the Salt Lake Temple this morning. Dallin surprised us by joining us at the temple, too. As we waited for the session to start, Sara whispered to me "That's Elizabeth Smart." It was. She was there to receive her endowment. For those of you who don't know she has been called to a mission in France. It made the session so much more special to watch her and think about how wonderful it must be for her and her family to be there together in the Temple. I am so thankful for the blessings of the temple and for the peace and joy those covenants bring to my life. I am especially thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and for His atoning sacrifice. I am thankful that I can attend the temple frequently with my daughters and look forward anxiously to the day when I can go to the temple with Christina. I am thankful that all of my extended family are living such good and Christlike lives.

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Marcus was a baby when she was missing. I couldn't imagine the pain her mother felt. I was shocked she was found because the odds were against it. She played the harp at a special ceremony at Snow while I was there, too. Interesting that you got to be in the temple for that.

Grandma Bailey said...

I think it wonderful that she is going on a mission. Wish I could sit in the temple with you.