Monday, March 16, 2009

Family Ties



I loved having Heidi and her family come visit us a few weeks ago. There is something about family that just makes you happy. It is great to reconnect with family you haven't seen in a long time, but the love is the same as if we saw each daily. I loved Heidi's kids immediately and I was so impressed with how well behaved they were. Talking with Heidi made me miss Carianne because their laughs and expressions are so similar. I was surprised at how much Heidi reminded me of Carianne. Heidi's kids did not remind me of Carianne's kids. They are all different and all wonderful. Thank you for coming to see us Heidi.

Last week my cousin Nancy called and invited me to lunch. Nancy is Alice Ann's second daughter. Juliana, her oldest child, is my age and the one I always played with. Nancy lives here in Provo. She also invited my mother's cousin Christine and her daughter Lori to lunch. We had such a fun visit. We talked a lot about family members that are no longer with us. Christine's daugher, Debbie, was my age and we were good friends. Debbie lives in Payson. We all decided we need to have a bigger family reunion soon. Christine and her family lived in Ephraim and we spent a lot of time playing in their house. The house is on main street on the south side of town and is now a Credit Union. My family lived in Ephraim for one year in the late 1960's.

Lori told me that when we moved to Germany we left a lot of toys with her family. She loved all the Barbie dolls and the Creepy Crawler Thingmaker, but her favorite toy was my Troll Doll House. I LOVED that Troll Doll House. I was so happy to find out that it had been loved so much by another little girl. I looked on EBAY and, sure enough, you can still get a Troll Doll House. When you opened it there was a fireplace and furniture inside.

Anyway, I am always so thankful for my wonderful extended family.

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

I was always so hurt Mom gave away our Barbid dolls and Barbie Doll clothes to them. Maybe because when I was feeling down, I would go and dress them make up stories with them - yes even at 16. I confess, I still love Barbie but the original Barbie, like I grew up with. She was classy and beautiful. We each had our favorite doll