Thursday, April 9, 2009

Marshmallow Peeps

I am curious. How many of you who are related to my mother inherited her love for marshmallow? She loved toasted marshmallows, marshmallow cream, mint dreams (with a mint marshmallow filling) and marshmallow peeps. I LOVE marshmallow peeps. Actually, I prefer the bunnies to the peeps and I only like the traditional colors of yellow and pink. I am never tempted to buy marshmallow peeps at other times of the year (ie. halloween peeps or snowman peeps.) Anyway, I always think of my mom at this time of year as I enjoy my marshmallow bunnies.

4 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Oddly enough I am not a big marshmallow fan, but Marcus and Anneke love them. In Anneke's case, especially pink ones this time of year. I always think of Grandma when I see the Peeps and bunnies. Grandma would put in a store of them, but they would only last about a month, 2 at the most.

Cari said...

Sadly, while I love smores and marshmallows toasted over a fire, I don't like the sugary sweetness of peeps. My children, however, think they are the best things ever.

Grandma Bailey said...

I love chocolate covered marshmallows but not the peeps and never did but I am so tempted every spring to buy some just to remind me of Mom. Funny how something like that brings back such fond memories.

pambelina said...

The texture of marshmallow makes me gag. Which is really sad because I love the taste.