Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Day in Minas (by Julianna)






Wow we had quite a day. We went and saw a zillion people and did some great sightseeing. Daddy is the best driver in the whole world. First we drove down to Punta del Este just to see it. Thats where that picture of just daddy and me is from. Then we went to Minas to the Crums house. It was wonderful. We had a good lunch and then we talked for awhile. I sure love them. Then we started visiting people. I sure love all these wonderful Uruguayans that I have met. They are so special, so humble. It was wonderful to see that the people I left 3 months ago are still strong in the faith. Alejandra, one of the people baptized while I was there is still strong and going. That makes me so happy! Blanquita is a very dear friend. She is 22 years old and in a wheel chair, very disabled. She lives with her mother and they are very poor, they hardly live from day to day. They have no electricity in their house. When we got to their house she had a present for me. She had crocheted a doily for me. It was so sweet and kind and a big sacrifice for them. We saw many other people. We also went out to the statue of General Artigas. He is like the George Washington of Uruguay. When we got there the bugs were so thick and hitting us. We had to like swim through them. It gave mommy and daddy good experience. :) We took some pictures and then got on our way. We stopped and got gas and I totally could speak Spanish with the guy. That was my first time ever filling a car with gas in Spanish! Then we drove a long way and finally got back. It was a really good day. I love being a missionary. It really was a good day. I cant believe I only have one more whole day in this beautiful country. I feel so blessed that the Lord called me to serve Him here in Uruguay. I have been so happy here. I love you all!!!

No comments: