Friday, May 8, 2009

Memorial Day 1992


It is time for another of Mom's journal entries. I am going to skip over a bunch of mundane entries that are all quite similar and jump to some entries that will be of interest to all of us because they include us. Memorial day 1992 was a huge day for Mom. All of the Tuttles came and they had a party for Omi.


May 27, 1992

Memorial Day was nice-we served about 140 people. I had 21 stay over at my house. We honored Mother and it was 0k. Lloyd, Vera and Janet were honored also. (Lloyd was Omi's second husband and father to the Tuttle's. Vera was Lloyd's first wife. Both were long deceased at this point. It had always been traditional for the Tuttle's to gather at Omi's house for Memorial Day.) I hope they cut it down some It is really too big to handle.

Alice came and helped and Nancy and Rebecca were here from Sat on so it was nice.

Marianne and Frank come this next month on the 5th or 6th Then Norma on the 20th I don't know when Beckie is coming with her girls its hard to get away when you have teenagers

We have a big day at the temple on the 8th and 9th we will be gone from 7am to 9pm I hope Marianne and Frank will go to SLC then so we can have more time to visit

We have had lots of rain this past week about an inch-Texas had 20 inches in the same time frame. But for us and inch is lots of rain. Everything looks so green and pretty.

I am worn out I need a vacation from everything but I don't see how I can get away with so many people coming to stay. I hope in July we can go someplace fun.

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

That was the memorable trip. I drove by myself witht the girls. Carianne insisted and going back to Kerrville and we the two of us only stayed in Utah for 4 days. I almost straight through. A DR had given me some medicine for a rash and it had something in that wired me up for 3 days! I could not sleep and made some pretty bad judgment calls. Good thing I have been promised I will always travel in saftey - it came in handy that trip! When Clyde and I did come back in July we made Mom and Dad go away for a couple of days and we took care of Omi. It was funny because we were attending the seminary symposium and told Omi to watch the girls. She couldn't remember anything but she remembered she was supposed to watch the girls and treated the like 4 year olds! Our daughters were terrible annoyed with us for doing that to them.