Saturday, May 23, 2009

Soy la Hermana Dittmar (from Julianna)




Marianne and Marianne

Anita and Julianna


Buen Dia! Como estan todos? Mommy and daddy and I are sitting in our hotel room in beautiful Montevideo. Its called Montevideo because a long time ago a man in a ship was lost and he saw the mountain of Montevideo and in old old Spanish he said Monte veo yo but it came out because it was old Spanish sounding like Monte vid eo and for that they named it Montevideo. We are going to go to Punta del Este today and then to Minas. I am so excited to see the Crums again.

Last night mommy and daddy attended my last baptism as a missionary. It was beautiful. Gaston was so funny, he tried to share his testimony but it didnt work very well. Daddy gave him a tie and showed him how to tie it which was really cute. Hna Blocker, Richard and I did a duet, them singing and me playing the piano. It went over well. Afterwards there was a big dinner where we ate asado. Anita couldnt stand that I didnt have any meat on my plate so she cut off half of hers. The branch gave mommy and daddy a picture of the branch and that was sweet. It was a really great night.

My life feels very surreal right now. I cant describe how I feel. One minute I am crying and the next I am jumping up and down. I love being a missionary. It has been so hard, but so wonderful. Alma 26 perfectly describes my mission. I am thankful for the mercy the Lord has poured out on me. I am so thankful for the baptisms I have seen and the joy I have felt. I am especially thankful to see how the gospel has changed my own life.

I love you all.

Love Hna Dittmar

3 comments:

Cari said...

I am at such a loss for words that all I can say is Wow. We love you so much!

Heidi Noel said...

I think it is so great that Uncle Frank gave him a tie and taught him how to tie it. I can so visualize it! Stop making me cry people!

Grandma Bailey said...

I am so impressed my sister can kneel down. I wish I could.