Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Years

I am not much of a New Years person, and I don't feel sentimental about it. I have never thought much of that day as "the day to make goals." Setting goals should be a continuous process and there are not very many goals that have one year as a good time frame. It is a good time to evaluate, but that is about it.
I have not established very many traditions to go with the day. The most enduring tradition is aebleskivers, but that goes with every holiday. We always pop bubble wrap at midnight-it sounds like fireworks. We usually drink sparkling soda.
We used to play Candyland with real candy on some of the places. The goal wasn't to win, it was to land on one of the candy spaces.
This year for New Years we played an really fun game called Telestrations. It is a cross between Telephone where you whisper something to someone and they whisper to the next person, etc and Pictionary. EVERYONE loves this game. We also played Monopoly Deal until right before midnight and then popped our bubble wrap. Some of us tried to stay up and watch Aristocats, but we all promptly fell asleep. Annemarie had to go to work at 11:30 so she wasn't even here at midnight.
Anyway, Happy New Year to you all and I love you.

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

We made it until New Years on the East Coast - on the West Coast here in Las Vegas. We drank Sparkling Black Current Juice from Ikea (Johannesbehrsaft for you and me, Marianne) and played a fun game called Liebrary. I agree with you about resolutions and in fact I make my official resolutions during General Conference - both in April and October. That seems to be the big reminders of what I need the most help in.