Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My first day in a hotel room

Yesterday I got to spend my first whole day in the hotel room. So you must be wondering what I did. We are staying in an extended stay hotel, so there is no room service. To start the day the toilet overflowed. So I got to go down to the desk and get a plunger and towels to clean up the mess. Not my favorite thing to do.
The TV wasn't working. Someone came to our room to fix it. He turned on the TV and it was working. He turned to Showtime and then checked the remote. It was not working. While he was doing that the TV was still on Showtime on a movie that had to be R rated. Just the sound of it made me ask him to change the channel. He changed it to Showtime 2. That seemed to be a horror movie, but at least it didn't sound R rated so Julianna and I just ignored it. He finally decided that we just needed a new remote and he went and got one.
Also the heat stayed on almost constantly until I realized that the window was open about 1/2 inch and I could't close it. The TV guy fixed that, too. Everything seems fine now.
The good stuff about yesterday. I read a lot from both the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I also read a good children's book called "The Lost Prince." It is a Francis Hodgeson Burnett Book. I really liked it. It had a lot of the typical elements of her books-an extraordinary child, a cripple, royalty, a child who is poor and wealthy. But it was really interesting.
I did some handwork. I ate soup. I talked to my family. And the day was filled with mostly good stuff.

No comments: