Friday, December 5, 2008

Carolyn's Journals

The day before Thanksgiving we were in Manti. Doreen said there was a drawer full of my mother's things-including 2 journals. I went through the drawer and found a lot of old photos and a large stack of handkerchiefs. I have been thinking about how to share the journals with everyone who loved my mother and I decided I will just transcribe them onto my blog.
She usually wrote in her journal while she was getting her hair done. She began on Dec 4, 1991.
Here is some of that journal entry. I will not correct spelling, punctuation or grammar.

We went to Salt Lake on Sunday afternoon and went to the VA Hosp on Mon. They treated us so nice and at the end of the day after tests etc said they felt Archie could be helped by having a cataract removed. It is dangerous in that his Retna may detatch and not be able to be fixed but it is worth the risk to Archie so we will go back tue for more tests then possible be operated on thursday. He may be able to see enough to drive if it works.
We had a real big snow storm in SLC while we were there it snowed all day. As we drove to the point of the mountain it Snowed real hard from there to payson then quit then a little again in Nephi Canyon but it was better to come home as the roads were not ice like they would be in the morning.
Curtis and Debbie Cannon and their little girls came Sat and we had such a good time. Bobs girls and the cannon girls were like sisters they had never seen each other but soon they went around with arms around each other
We go to provo today to the Symphony we will also do some shopping for christmas.
I have meals brought in to mother when we are gone and it works out nice.

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

Thank you for doing that. I look forward to reading more of her words.