Friday, December 5, 2008

A new convert to blogs

I just began reading the blogs of family members this week and I enjoyed every word I read. It is different from an email-a phone call-or even a journal. Today I was sitting in the Salt Lake Tabernacle waiting for Elder Wirthlin's funeral to begin. I was reflecting on my feelings and the spirit I felt and I realized that a blog was the perfect place to record these feeling. So this is a new beginning for me. Maybe this will become the journal that I have never been successful in keeping.
I want to say how I felt today as President Monson walked into the Tabernacle. Truly, my heart did burn within me and the spirit witnessed to me once again that he is a prophet of God. How thankful I am for that witness. How thankful I am for a prophet of God. The gospel of Jesus Christ brings great joy to my life.
I am also thankful that I was blessed to know Elder Wirthlin. He was a perfect example of humility and love. He was a perfect example of following the Savior. He was a man of perfect mildness, but the good he did in this life is beyond measure.

No comments: