Monday, December 8, 2008

Carolyn's Last Journal Entry

Last time I posted the first entry in the journals from Carolyn. Today I would like to post the last entry she wrote. I think Heidi will particularly enjoy it. It was written about 2 months before she died. Her health was failing quickly and she was never well enough to get her hair done again. She had just learned she had diabetes 2 weeks before this entry and it was very frustrating for her to know what to eat. I was impressed by her constant desire to go to church and do things for her family.

Sept 29, 2000
I was able to go to Sac meeting.
The rest of the week I just slept and did not get much done.
Heidi is going to get married on Jan 12.
I want to do a quilt for her I will just tie it I can't quilt it in the time I have. I want to do the reception at my house but she may not want that.
Last week was the womens conference It was so nice. the second councilor told how the ripple efect works. You start a rock skip then the ripple goes on and on. The gospel is like that as we touch each life.
Our yard is still beautiful it has frozen but not real deep so it is still lovely.
Arch has made a walnut cabnit to hold his dictaphone etc. I sure looks nice now. He is also making music chests for Marianne and Arch.

When I read that last line I asked Dad where my music chest was. He said he never did finish it.


3 comments:

Cari said...

I love that you're doing this. It's such an amazing gift to be able to read her thoughts and words. I love you!

Heidi Noel said...

It made me cry. I never knew she wanted to do the reception at her house, or that she wanted to make me a quilt. I would have loved both things. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. You were right it did enjoy it.

Grandma Bailey said...

Did Mom have dates for her entries? I would love to know the the time frame for these. I am so glad you are doing these. I check everyday to see if you have added something else or maybe something about your own family.